Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Kinky Night with Ray Davies




By Karl Bremer

Kinks co-founder and former frontman Ray Davies turned in a splendid performance at St. Paul's Fitzgerald Theatre last night. Backed by L.A. indie rockers The 88, Ray blew through a wide range of mostly Kinks material-- from transcendent classics Waterloo Sunset and Celluloid Heroes to timeless treasures like 20th Century Man, which still resonates even in the 21st Century:
This is the twentieth century
But too much aggravation
This is the edge of insanity
I'm a twentieth century man
but I don't wanna be here.
Ray last played in Minnesota in 2006 at First Avenue in Minneapolis. For more photos of last night's show, go here. For a great interview on Minnesota Public Radio, go here.

All photos copyright by Karl Bremer.

8 comments:

  1. Marvelous web journal. I appreciated perusing your articles. This is really an incredible read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am anticipating perusing new articles. Keep doing awesome! archery king mod

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don"t mind proceed with this extraordinary work and I anticipate a greater amount of your magnificent blog entries. kick the buddy apk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive web site, Distinguished feedback that I can tackle. Im moving forward and may apply to my current job as a pet sitter, which is very enjoyable, but I need to additional expand. Regards. star power brawl stars

    ReplyDelete
  4. The data you have posted is exceptionally helpful. The destinations you have alluded was great. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing.. Download Dls Mod Apk All Players Unlocked

    ReplyDelete
  5. In order to playing Dream League soccer kits you must first Download Dream League Soccer Kits 2020

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can understand what you mean. Thanks for great devote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Warten auf das Programm zu den Themen und Daten für die Gleichungen, die auf die Antwort über das Special warten. http://www.al3abwater.com

    ReplyDelete